Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Moscow Zoo

I went to the Moscow Zoo one weekend to walk around as I didn’t have much to do on a Saturday morning. It’s a huge zoo right in the middle of town with apartment buildings surrounding it. There were lots of families walking around and I was certainly out of place but it was definitely interesting to be there. I was really surprised with some of the animals there such as squirrels and raccoons, and the fact that people found them fascinating. At home I could walk through Phillips Park near Carrick High School and see about 50 squirrels running all over the place, and there they were, in a cage at the zoo. The water wasn’t very clean in for the aqua exhibits, but I guess in the wild it doesn’t look like swimming pool water either. People seemed to have no problem feeding anything to the camels, even garbage from what I could gather. I have a few pictures included below but unfortunately it was difficult to get good ones.



Zoo entranceThe raccoon

Camels up close
Shocking, the lion was hiding somewhere...
Polar bear exhibit - I should see these in my backyard pretty soon


1 comment:

Tammi said...

Hi Keith! Keep up the good work on your blog! This is very interesting! You are going to have a fantastic experience there. Thanks for giving me insight on a culture on the other side of the world. I love it!!

~Tammi Wilson